Tuesday 29 January 2013

Easy Chilli Roast Potatoes


Easy chilli roast potatoes

I know I havn't posted anything in while, and I do apologise for this. I've been really busy with exams, which are finally over (yay!) So I can now concentrate more on the blog! :)

I have been wanting to post these for a while but just havn't had the chance to. These roast potatoes are super easy to make and are bursting with flavour. I made these as a side dish for our family roast dinner, but to be honest I'd eat these a meal it self, they're that good. The nice part about this recipe is that you can make it as chilli as you want, I added one and half teaspoons of chilli powder, I love chilli food, but you can add more or less depending on how spicy you want it.


For the roast potatoes:
Maris piper potatoes, 750g
Olive oil, 5-7 tbsp
Chilli powder, 1 1/2 tsp (you can add less/more)
Salt and pepper
5 cloves of garlic

  1. Peel the potatoes and cut into 5cm pieces
  2. Place in a pan with water and bring to boil
  3. Don't cook them completely, drain them as soon as you can stick a fork through one of the potatoes
  4. After draining them pop them back into the pan, add the chilli powder, cloves of garlic and season with salt and pepper. Give the pan a good shake, to make sure all the potatoes are seasoned and to roughen up the potato edges
  5. Pour the oil in a roasting tin and heat it at 200 degrees celcius, until the oil is very hot
  6. Take the tin out and put in the potatoes and garlic, pop it back in the oven
  7. Leave in the oven for about 45 minutes, turning them over once in a while, and take out when crisp and golden
  8. Serve with some chopped green chillies




Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment